Check the Library Calendar often for special events and programs.
- Renters Financial Workshop Saturday, October 14, 10:15am - 12:15pm
- Job Fair Tuesday, October 17, 12:00noon-2:00pm
- Happy Knitters Thursdays, 10:30-11:30am
- Life in Laurel Thursday, October 26 10:30am-12:00pm
Delaware Collection Historical and Family Research
The materials in the Delaware Collection are housed in several different areas of the second floor according to their content and format. This extensive collection has been maintained for over 50 years. Comprised of print and non-print materials, these resources are intended for researching local Delmarva history, culture, and genealogy.
Beginning Genealogy Instructions
- about.com- Learning Gudiance
- Genealogy Classes
- 10 Tips to Start Your Family Tree
- Delaware Public Archives
- Delaware Public Archives Online Research Tool
- Laurel Historical Society
- Delaware Libraries History and Genealogy LibGuides
- Delaware Libraries Genealogy and History Databases
- Delaware 1868 Hundreds Map
- Colonial Roots Genealogy Blog
- Find a Grave – grave locator
- Chronicling America – digitized American newspapers 1789-1925
- Delaware Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society
- Daughters of the American Revolution Library
- Sons of the American Revolution Genealogical Research Library
This is the year of Good Health at Laurel Public Library. Stay fit by walking the Broad Creek Fitness Trail or joining the library’s tai chi and yoga classes.
Cooking for Good Health and Happiness met Sept. 11, 18 and 25. Participants watched cooking demos and then learned how to find accurate health information using the computer.
Nutritious, Quick, and FlavorFULL Cooking (previously Cooking for Good Health and Happiness) will be held September 12, 19, and 26, 2017.
Online Health Resources:
A Federal Government Web site managed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Mayo Clinic
Health information, research, patient care and more.
- Medline Plus
The National Institutes of Health’s Web site for patients and their families and friends. Produced by the National Library of Medicine, it brings you information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in language you can understand. MedlinePlus offers reliable, up-to-date health information, anytime, anywhere, for free.
Find more Wellness Resources from Delaware Libraries: http://guides.lib.de.us/wellness