Check the Library Calendar often for special events and programs.
- Gloria: In Her Own Words Tuesday, March 20, 6:00-8:00pm
- Beef & Dumplin' Dinner Sunday, February 25, 1:00-4:00pm
- Salisbury University Gospel Choir Wednesday, February 28, 7:00pm
- Bridge Classes Forming Now Sign up!
Delaware Collection Historical and Family Research
The materials in the Delaware Collection are housed in several different areas of the second floor according to their content and format. This extensive collection has been maintained for over 50 years. Comprised of print and non-print materials, these resources are intended for researching local Delmarva history, culture, and genealogy.
Beginning Genealogy Instructions
- about.com- Learning Gudiance
- Genealogy Classes
- 10 Tips to Start Your Family Tree
- Delaware Public Archives
- Delaware Public Archives Online Research Tool
- Delaware Heritage Collection
- Laurel Historical Society
- Delaware Libraries History and Genealogy LibGuides
- Delaware Libraries Genealogy and History Databases
- Delaware 1868 Hundreds Map
- Colonial Roots Genealogy Blog
- Find a Grave – grave locator
- Chronicling America – digitized American newspapers 1789-1925
- Delaware Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society
- Daughters of the American Revolution Library
- Sons of the American Revolution Genealogical Research Library
This is the year of Good Health at Laurel Public Library. Stay fit by walking the Broad Creek Fitness Trail or joining the library’s tai chi and yoga classes.
Cooking for Good Health and Happiness met Sept. 11, 18 and 25. Participants watched cooking demos and then learned how to find accurate health information using the computer.
Nutritious, Quick, and FlavorFULL Cooking (previously Cooking for Good Health and Happiness) was held September 12, 19, and 26, 2017. The library hopes to hold similar events in 2018.
Online Health Resources:
A Federal Government Web site managed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Mayo Clinic
Health information, research, patient care and more.
- Medline Plus
The National Institutes of Health’s Web site for patients and their families and friends. Produced by the National Library of Medicine, it brings you information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in language you can understand. MedlinePlus offers reliable, up-to-date health information, anytime, anywhere, for free.
The National Institute of Health’s National Institute provides information for maintaining a physically active lifestyle.