Life in Laurel
Life in Laurel is a monthly round table discussion of Laurel history co-sponsored by the Laurel Public Library and the Laurel Historical Society. Each discussion begins with a topic related to Laurel and the conversation goes from there. Enjoy learning something new, chatting about local history, and asking questions over light refreshments.
Life in Laurel is held monthly – typically the last Thursday of the month – from September through May at Laurel Public Library from 10:30 AM to 12:00 noon.
Life in Laurel resumes on Thursday, September 26. Topics will be posted soon.
Some prior topics have included:
- 20th century Laurel historians
- Laurel High School football coach George Schollenberger
- Civil War in Laurel
- Railroad in Laurel
- Laurel’s movie theater
- Favorite meals
- Fires in Laurel
- Historic churches
- High school dance
- “Neither Snow, Nor Rain, Nor Gloom of Night” – Mail Delivery in Laurel
- Hefting Melons at “The Block”
- Laurel High School: The Military Years